Top 10 Gifts for Book Lovers - Holiday Gift Guide

How could I, a book reviewer, NOT include books in my holiday gift guide? So far this year, I've read 67 books. (Not my best year, actually.) I decided to pick my top 10 books for book lovers out of all the books I've read in 2014. Hopefully, my list contains something for every type of reader. Check it out and see for yourself!

(Links take you to my reviews of the books on GoodReads. If we're not GoodReads friends already, let's be friends!)

1. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Perfect for: people who have the patience to get through 550 pages, people who saw the movie, all people

2. Before I Go to Sleep - S.J. Watson
Perfect for: people who plan on seeing the movie (Nicole Kidman! Colin Firth!), people who like thrillers

3. Bringing Up Bebe - Pamela Druckerman
Perfect for: new parents - moms especially

4. Returning to Shore - Corinne Demas
Perfect for: teen girls who aren't into all that mushy romance nonsense, real girls

5. The Final Silence - Stuart Neville
Perfect for: people who like thrillers, people who like detective novels

6. Soldier of Change - Stephen Snyder-Hill
Perfect for: activists, gay rights supporters, people on the fence about supporting gay rights (if you're feeling bold in your gift-giving)

7. Falling from Horses - Molly Glass
Perfect for: people who appreciate great literature, a grandparent who might remember the 1930s

8. How Star Wars Conquered the Universe - Chris Taylor
Perfect for: Star Wars fans, of course, and anyone who enjoys reading about how movies get made

9. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking - Susan Cain
Perfect for: introverts, people who need to understand how introverts can contribute even though introverts might not be talking

10. Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
Perfect for: people looking for a good book club discussion

Comments