Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish

Is Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish really a miracle?


I've never had a gel manicure from a salon, but I've heard about them. Your manicure lasts two weeks, but the LED light that cures the polish can cause cancer or something, and removing the polish is crazy. Even the promise of a long-lasting manicure cannot sell me on salon gel manicures.

But then I read something in a magazine about a new gel polish that doesn't require an LED light but still offers long-lasting, chip-free color. The product is Sally Hansen Miracle Gel.

They sell it at my local salon, and I had some salon reward points to redeem, so I decided to use them on the Miracle Gel. You buy the colored polish and a special top coat. (About $9.99 each.) And that's all you need.

So, did I get 14 days of chip-free polish? Not exactly.

right hand - not even one week and my thumb,
middle finger, and ring finger all have chippage
After not even a full 48 hours, I had a chip on my right-hand ring finger. And by the end of the week, the tips of the nails on my right hand (my dominant hand) were starting to wear away. My left hand (my non-dominant hand) still looked pretty good.

left hand - not even one week but
still looking pretty good
After one week, I did need to remove the polish and start over. The polish was very easy to remove with regular nail polish.

I didn't get the results the product claims, but I did think the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish worked better than regular polish. I usually have to do multiple touch-ups on both hands throughout the week with regular nail polish, and sometimes it doesn't even last a day without chipping. So, the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel is definitely worth the investment, especially if you a) don't want a gel manicure at a salon and b) work with your hands all day but still need your hands to look nice on camera or mean people on YouTube will make comments.

I didn't receive any product for free in exchange for posting a review. I purchased the product at my local salon because I wanted to try it, and then I thought it would be nice to share my experience with you here, especially for those of you who are also curious about this product.

Comments