Gluten-Free Bacon Cheddar Waffles

I teased these a few weeks ago on my Instagram account, and now I'm finally able to share them with you today on the blog: Bacon Cheddar Waffles.

You heard that right.

These were inspired by an IHOP commerical. Apparently, IHOP has bacon cheddar waffles on its menu right now (or did), and I thought that sounded good, but obviously IHOP waffles are not gluten-free. So I made our own version right at home using gluten-free Bisquick.



Mix up the Bisquick according to the package instructions. Add 2-3 strips of crumbled, cooked bacon and about a handful of shredded cheddar cheese. (I only used two strips of bacon, but I would definitely add another one to make the waffles that much more bacon-y.)

Spray your waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray. Even if you don't normally, which I don't because our waffle maker is just that amazing, the addition of the extra ingredients, especially the cheese, makes the batter extra sticky. Without the cooking spray, this is what your waffle will look like:


A little broken, but still edible. However, I like my waffles to look like perfect waffles. So non-stick spray is a must!

Pour the batter into your waffle maker and cook according to your waffle maker's instructions. (Mine has a little light on it that goes from red to green when the waffles are done cooking.)

This is a quick and easy (though not super healthy) gluten-free breakfast-for-dinner weeknight meal! And you don't have to tip a waitress like you would at IHOP!

Comments