Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read
1. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green - I'm STILL on the waiting list for this book at my library. I've heard good things about the book from people, however, I've also heard bad things. While there's no doubt that I will still read this book, I guess I'm just not as excited about it as before.
2. No One Left to Lie to - Christopher Hitchens - The topic of this book sounds interesting. It's got a subtitle of "The Values of the Worst Family" and it's about The Clintons. However, I've tried reading other Christopher Hitchens books, and I couldn't even make it through! Granted, the last one I attempted was a memoir, so maybe Hitchens is only annoying when talking about his annoying self??
3. The Wolf of Wall Street - Jordan Belfort - I put this book on my to-read list back in 2010 before the movie was even made! But after seeing the movie, do I really want to read the book and go through all that again?
4. 30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know By the Time She's 30 - Pamela Redmond Satran - Welp, I'm already 30 and soon to be 31. I guess I missed the boat on this book.
5. The Real Romney - Michael Kranish and Scott Helman - I added this to my list back when Romney was running for president. I like to read about the presidential contenders, but that presidential election happened awhile ago, and now I just really don't care about Mitt Romney.
6. Wheat Belly - William Davis - I wanted to read this book because my husband is on a gluten-free diet, and I thought, "Oo, here's a book about cutting out wheat and gluten." But I'm not sure the information presented in this book is really that great, which is why the book Gluten Freedom was written.
7. Oil - Jeff Nesbit - Someone recommended this book to me, but I don't really think that person knew my taste in books. I'll probably just remove this from my to-read list.
8. Kokoro - Soseki Natsume - I don't even remember putting this on my to-read list. WHAT IS THIS BOOK????
9. Blade Runner - Oscar Pistorious - Oh man. I've read so much about this guy already since his murder trial. I just don't feel like reading any more.
10. Jennifer's Way - Jennifer Esposito - I had a not-so-great experience trying to buy something at Jennifer Esposito's gluten-free bakery, so reading her book is no longer tops on my list. It will take me some time to get over it.