The Importance of Scrapbook Preparation


A few weekends ago, I attended a six-hour scrapbook crop through a local MeetUp group. I was a little nervous about going only because I usually have a hard time scrapbooking away from home. What if I need different sticker letters? What if I need an extra embellishment? What if I forget the adhesive? (That has happened to me before.)

So I decided to get my act together well in advance. I grabbed some empty 12 x 12 plastic bags, sorted through my pictures, and put together mini kits with all the stuff I could possibly think I'd need to get my pictures scrapped.

And because I was told that outlet space was limited, I brought one of my scrapbook sketchbooks so that I wouldn't have to rely on wasting the battery on my phone trying to access my Pinterest scrapbook board.

Did it work? Does finishing 10 scrapbook pages in six hours count as "yes"? YES. And here are just a few that I finished while at the crop.

our flat tire on vacation

first page of our visit to the
Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Museum
at the county fair last year

The crop I went to actually went from 10 a.m. to midnight, but you had the option of only doing 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. I think six hours was PLENTY of time for me. Not sure I could keep up the momentum through midnight. Besides, midnight is past my bedtime anyway. 

What about you? Have you ever been to a scrapbook crop? How long can you last?

Comments