Dad is Fat - Book Review

My husband and I are fans of Jim Gaffigan's stand-up, so I was excited to see that Gaffigan's book Dad is Fat was one of the options through the Blogging for Books program. If you've got kids or if you don't have kids but like to laugh, then you'll like this book. It's jam-packed with Gaffigan's humorous musings on parenthood.

Gaffigan and his wife have five kids, so they have a lot of hilarious material. Some of what's in the book I recognized from his stand-up specials. (Oh, he's talking about home births again?) But that didn't make it any less funny. In fact, I almost LOL'd but I was reading the book on the bus and in Starbucks and didn't want people to think I was weird, so I made them think I was weird by stifling the laughs from coming out my mouth and bull-breathing them out through my nose. (Don't lie. You've nose-laughed, too.)

There are two things I really liked about this book. 1. Pictures! 2. Gaffigan's endorsement of the children's book Go, Dog. Go! It's such a great book, right? A classic from my childhood!

You should definitely follow Gaffigan on Twitter (@JimGaffigan) because I'm sure there is even more funny to be found there. Not to put undue pressure on the guy or anything. I'm actually going to tweet this review at him, and I expect one of two things to happen. 1. He never reads it because he has better things to do with his time, like parent five kids, or 2. He reads this and thinks, "This woman is weird. I bet she goes to Disney without kids."

Yes, Jim Gaffigan. I do.

Comments