I'm rejoining the Top 10 Tuesday meme with this week's list: the top 10 characters I'd want with me on a deserted island. This is a good one! Here's what I got:
1. Jean Valjean - Les Miserables
He seems like a smart guy who is able to think fast, and that's the kind of resourcefulness one would need on a deserted island, especially if that person is played by Liam Neeson.
2. Edmond Dantes - The Count of Monte Cristo
I figure, if he can break out of jail, surely he can get us off the island!
3. Tina Fey - Bossypants
Okay, so not a fictional character, but she's still in a book! And we'd need some comic relief on that island.
4. Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice
I'm assuming my husband won't be on this island, right?
5. Frodo Baggins (or Merry or Pippin) - Lord of the Rings
If represented by Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan, or Billy Boyd. Again, my husband isn't here, right?
6. Bridget Jones - Bridget Jones' Diary
She'd probably flip out at first, but I think she'd calm down and help us all make the most of our desert island status.
7. Miss Marple - multiple Agatha Christie novels
This woman can solve anything! I bet she could solve our way off the island!
8. Rob Fleming - High Fidelity
He's kind of a jerk, but he'll probably have some good music for us to listen to.
9. Katniss Everdeen - The Hunger Games
If there are native animals on the island, Katniss can hunt and kill them so we can eat.
10. Skeeter Phelan - The Help
She can keep notes on what happens on the island and turn them into a book after we are all rescued!