Boden Clothing Review

A few weeks ago, I was invited as a plus-one to attend the unveiling of British clothing company Boden's fall 2014 line. I had heard of Boden before and visited its website but never purchased or worn any Boden clothing, though what I had seen on the website was very tempting. (Some of it was just out of my price range.)

Checking out the fall line only made me wish it was all in my closet (and that our London/Paris trip was happening sooner). Here are a few of the highlights that stood out to me:

story of my tired life

shiny shoes!

pretty colors!

gorgeous work/formal wear


with a cuppa in Boden telephone-printed
Peter Pan collar blouse
I was also given a gift card as a "thank you" for attending, so I promptly went home and ordered some Boden for the very first time! The online ordering process was very easy and very British! I loved getting an email that instead of saying "your order has shipped" said "your Boden parcel is on its way!" And instead of saying, "Don't throw away your gift card until you receive your order", Boden says "Could you please retain your redeemed gift vouchers until receiving your goods?" They're so polite!

I also got to experience the Boden exchange process because the pair of pants I ordered was too small (the downfall of ordering without being able to try things on), and THAT process was pretty easy, too. The company uses a SmartLabel that you stick onto the reusable package, seal up the package with your items and return/exchange slip inside, and stick it in your mailbox. If you're asking for a refund, the cost of shipping will be taken from your refund. If you're asking for an exchange, it's just an even exchange. I didn't pay anything extra for shipping.

Okay, so what did I get after the exchange had been made? Well, I shopped in the sale section, and I have to say, Boden has good sales! I ended up with a cute Peter Pan collar blouse with old-fashioned telephones printed on it, a striped and polka-dotted 3/4 sleeve shirt in yellow and grey, and a pair of crop pants that I like to think of as "holiday pants" because they're black and shiny gold. (Although, I have worn them to work in the middle of summer, too.)



If you're looking for some cute, sometimes quirky, but always good-quality clothing, I would definitely recommend Boden. Just keep in mind, it's online ordering, which can be difficult for some. Like I said, the returns and exchange process is very simple if you get something that doesn't fit or you just don't like. So try 'em out!

Comments

Post a Comment