Sweet Salt Air - Book Review

Today I'm sharing a review with you for Barbara Delinsky's new book Sweet Salt Air, which I got to read for free as part of being a House Party Chatterbox.

Here's a huge disclaimer: This book will make you hungry! But there are no recipes! Barbara, stop teasing us!

My plan is to make a list of the some of the recipes in the book and try to make my own gluten-free versions, which OF COURSE I will share with all of you. So stay tuned.

On to the book review.

If you're looking for a good beach read, I would definitely recommend Sweet Salt Air. It's about friendship, love, and secrets set on the fictional Maine island of Quinnipeague. Nicki and Charlotte are 34-year-old best friends, but they haven't seen or really spoken to each other in 10 years. When Nicki's blog, Nickitotable.com, gets a deal for a cookbook on Quinnipeague food, Nicki requests Charlotte's help. After all, Charlotte is a talented freelance writer and photographer, and both she and Nicki used to spend every summer together on the island. Being back together again, the friends fall into a familiar routine, but both women are keeping secrets and, incidentally, both secrets involve Nicki's husband Julian. And then there is Leo, a local man who catches Charlotte's interest, but he can catch her wayward spirit, too?

While the book's twist may seem a little predictable, there is a whole other layer to it that I didn't see coming. So I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Now if only there had been some recipes.

Comments