Indigo Sunrise Smoothie

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to perfect this one smoothie recipe, experimenting with different combinations of the main ingredients until it tastes just right.

I'm calling it Indigo Sunrise Smoothie because that appears to be its name based on the Target ad that inspired it. I got this Target grocery ad in the mail weeks ago, and there were smoothie/juice ideas on one side of the ad. BUT NO RECIPES!!!! This was all I had to go on:


Thanks for the help, I guess, Target.

I Googled the recipe. I checked Pinterest to see if anybody had made it. Nothing.

So, I'm trying to do it.

It seemed that the ingredients were oatmeal, almond extract, blueberries, and yogurt. So, here is what I used to recreate this smoothie:

Indigo Sunrise Smoothie (makes 1 serving)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oats (If you want this to be gluten-free, then make sure you use gluten-free oats.)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp. vanilla whey powder (optional)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk

You could also add honey or agave if you want an extra splash of sweet.

Directions:
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

I used a Magic Bullet blender and then was able to just turn over the blender cup and drink right from it when I was done. That's a great idea for an individual serving, or you could make more than one serving in a regular blender. I bet a regular blender would hold at least three servings.

If you make more than one serving at a time, you could just keep the smoothie in the fridge, and then you'd have one whenever you want one.

This smoothie is 313 calories, so not quite a little snack. It's definitely ideal for a quick breakfast with the blueberries and the oats, plus it's very, VERY thick and filling.

Comments