1. It takes place in Australia.
2. A group of mainly white guys and at least one black guy are hunting the outback in search of aborigines. Some of the aborigines they take prisoner. Some they kill. I'm not really sure why they killed them because I think they were rounding them up to take them to a governor so they could get a ticket.
3. I have no idea what this ticket thing was all about.
4. One of the character's names is John Batman, and I just couldn't get past the fact that his name was Batman.
5. I am not familiar with Australia's history at all, aside from the part about it being a prisoner colony for England.
Because of all of this, I just didn't like the book. I didn't get it. It didn't grab my attention. It was oftentimes very violent. I don't think I was its target audience.
The Roving Party is published by Soho Press and is available to purchase now. I received a free advance review copy at Book Expo America last summer with no obligation to review the book.