Rocky Road Oatmeal

Ever since checking out Rocco DiSpirito's Now Eat This! Diet Cookbook from the library, I have been wanting to make his Rocky Road Oatmeal for breakfast. It combines some of my favorite things: nuts, oatmeal, marshmallows, and chocolate.

Seriously!

And it's somewhat healthy!

Well, Rocco's version probably is, but I had to adapt this recipe to make it faster and suitable for one serving. I don't have time on weekday mornings to wait for water to boil on the stovetop.

So, here's what I do:
1. Using Quaker Oats, I pour 1/2 cup of oats and 1 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl. You can add a pinch of salt if you want. Then, microwave that for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

2. Once it's done in the microwave, add a few large squeezes of honey, a few drops of vanilla extract, and two squares from a 60%-70% bittersweet chocolate bar. Stir.

3. Top with a handful of mini marshmallows and 1/2 a handful of chopped walnuts.

4. ENJOY!

Comments