Rocket Summer Subway Art

This art project has been a long time coming! But I finally finished it the other weekend, and while it's not EXACTLY as I had it pictured in my head, I'm still happy with the end result mainly because I made it with my own two hands AND it features lyrics from one of my (new) favorite The Rocket Summer songs, "Circa '46".


I had these two "canvas" boards that I got in an art kit to review for work, and I knew I wanted to do something crafty with them. So I paired them with some acrylic paints that I also got in an separate art kit to review for work and created these two lyric boards. This is what they call "subway art" is it not? I think it is. If it's not, please correct me!!


Once I buy some more 3M strips for picture frames, I will hang these on the wall in my scrap room. A good reminder each time I look at it, don't you think?

If you want to hear the full song, you can watch this entertaining YouTube video that someone made that also includes all the lyrics to the song!



I don't know how this guy (Bryce Avary) does it, but when I listen to the majority of The Rocket Summer songs, I'm like, "Man, this guy totally gets it!! How does he know what I'm thinking?" If you liked this one, I would highly recommend that you check out other Rocket Summer songs.

Comments