Murray Hill East Suites Review

The massive snowstorm last week paired with the necessity of me being at work meant that I had to buy a hotel room for two nights so that I could remain in the city and be at work when I was supposed to. (This also accounts for the sporadic blog postings last week.) We found a good deal on Priceline for Murray Hill East Suites, and I was impressed with the hotel and thought I'd review it for you here!

If you're ever in New York and need a place to stay, Murray Hill East Suites is a good option, but there are a few things you need to know first.

1. The rooms are BIG. My room had a small dining table, a sofa, and an armchair in the "living area". I had plenty of space to move around, and I think this would be a great space for families.


You can see in the pictures above and below just how much space there was in this hotel room. The bedroom is around a little corner, and don't forget we haven't even gotten to the bathroom yet!


2. Another great feature, especially if you're staying in the city for an extended period of time or just want to have the option to not eat out for every meal, is the kitchenette! I didn't use it at all, but it was there just in case. The only problem: no fridge!! But there was a stove/oven, dishwasher, and sink. So...

 


3. The bathroom, though not super up-to-date, was very clean. And I always think a clean hotel bathroom is more important than its high-tech features. ALTHOUGH, if you are a lady who wants to blow-dry her hair, you'll need to bring your own travel hairdryer. The one in the bathroom looked like one of the first hairdryers ever invented. It BARELY gave out any hot hair. I would think that Murray Hill East Suites could at least upgrade that part of the bathroom!!


4. I also checked out the fitness center in the hotel's basement. It's only open from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. so as not to bother the guests whose rooms are right next to it. I can understand that, but as someone who was going to work in the morning, a 7:30 a.m. start was not early enough for me to utilize the fitness center before work. I had no trouble using the fitness center in the evening, though. As you can see in this picture, NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE.


Aside from the fitness center times, the equipment range was really great. I loved using the weight machine. There were no wipes for wiping down the equipment after you were done using it, which I don't really like, but this isn't the first hotel gym that hasn't provided wipes. So, I'm just going to hope that somebody on the hotel staff is wiping off people's sweat throughout the day.

5. The location of the hotel is also pretty good. It's near Grand Central, Bryant Park, and a really delicious mac and cheese restaurant called S'Mac. Might I recommend the Alpine mac and cheese there?

Comments