Single-Page Sketch Into Two-Page Layout

Moving right along with scrapbooking my 2013 vacation pictures ...

I made this two-pager using pictures of my mom and I eating lunch at the Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island. You've probably already seen some of these pictures in my review of the Grand Hotel.

My mom gave me these really pretty floral papers for Christmas, and I thought they would be perfect for a sort-of fancy lunch at a fancy hotel. I had some old Bo Bunny sticker embellishments that I wanted to use up, and they seemed to match the papers pretty well.


But the real reason I am posting these pages is to share with you a little tip. Many of you scrapbookers might already know this, but it's something that I always forget about, especially when it comes to two-page layouts. But this little tip is so easy and can really help you out when scrapbooking.

Do you notice anything similar between the first page above and the second page below?

 
 
It may not look it, but they are based on the same sketch!! I love going to my Scrapbook/Cards Pinterest board for inspiration, but most of what I have pinned are one-page sketches or layouts. But if you use that sketch for your first page and then rotate it for your second page, you have two coordinating pages without making them identical.
 
If you knew this tip, how often do you use it? Any other advice for scrapbooking two-page layouts? Please share in the comments!

Comments