Risotto Pie

I'm still finding things to make out of the new cookbook, Gluten, Wheat & Dairy Free, we received for Christmas. This week's latest: Risotto Pie. It's baked arborio rice with spinach, cilantro, egg, gluten-free vegetable broth, and parmesan cheese. You're supposed to add chives, but I left those out. I really liked this as a light dinner meal, but it would also make a great lunch. I had leftovers for lunch, and it was just perfect. Sort of reminds me of quiche, but not really. I can't repost the recipe here, but I did corral some links to similar recipes if you're interested in checking it out.

1. Baked Risotto Pie - This one is from Giada de Laurentiis and includes frozen peas and prosciutto. (I might consider the prosciutto the next time I make this.) This one seems to have a longer cooking time than the one I made, though.

2. Risotto Pie - This one, from The Lovely Pantry, is actually adapted from the recipe in my cookbook. How about that? It adds corn and mushrooms, but everything else seems to be the same. (Instead of coconut milk, I just used almond milk.)

3. Lemon Asparagus Risotto Pie - Someone posted this one, which adds asparagus and celery, on AllRecipes.com. I bet that gives it a nice crunch.

4. Sartu - Risotto Pie - And if you really want to go all fancy, try this recipe from I Want to Cook That. There's beef in there, among other yummy things. I think if I made this version, my husband would like it more.

Comments