January 2014

We are already well into 2014, and so I think it is safe to share this project that I made in the fall of last year. My sister-in-law sent me an email and asked if I would create something for the calendar on her deployed husband's ship. Each month, someone's family member creates a little picture square with pictures and other stuff on it, and that picture gets hung on the main calendar for all to see.
 
So I took January 2014 and decided to use past family pictures from the holidays: my brother-in-law's birthday, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

 
 
And because it was for the new year, I threw a champagne glass and clock on there as embellishments to represent ringing in 2014. I also managed to get some sparkly flourishes on there, which I thought would be good for a guy because they were blue!
 
This is a fun idea, even if you're not sending it overseas to a deployed serviceperson. Scrapping calendars makes a nice gift for someone who will enjoy looking at favorite pictures throughout the year.

Have any of you ever made your own calendars before?

Comments