Honey-Dijon Chicken Wraps



Originally, I saved this recipe from Family Circle as something I could make for myself for lunch. But it sounded so good, and healthy, so I decided we should have it for dinner.

The original recipe called for flour tortillas, but because we have to eat gluten-free, we used corn tortillas. They don't fold that well for wraps, and honestly, they aren't as good as flour tortillas. I wish somewhere out here sold the Udi's gluten-free flour tortillas so we could try those. But alas.

This is basically a chicken salad with chopped up chicken (I poached a chicken breast), celery, grapes, walnuts, honey-dijon mustard, milk, and mayonnaise. It's got a nice tang mixed with sweet along with a good crunch. This is supposed to have spinach in it, but I forgot to buy spinach. I think it tasted fine without spinach.



After we ate this for dinner (with chips), I decided I wanted to have leftovers on my own with LOTS OF GLUTEN in a pita pocket. And then I tried to find pita pockets, and I couldn't. Is our little town so uncultured? So, I went with option two: whole wheat sandwich thins. It wasn't a pita pocket, but it was still good. Just toast up the sandwich thins and plop a few fork- or spoonfuls of this chicken salad on top.

While we liked this for dinner, it was really a better lunch. I would definitely make this again for lunch. And hopefully I'll be able to find some pita pockets next time. I really want pita pockets!

Comments