DIY Sharpie Mug Decorations

By this time, all of my holiday packages have been mailed and should have arrived to their recipients. Whether or not the recipients opened the packages and the gifts inside, I can't say. I only wrapped these little beauties in newspaper and bubble wrap, so if you opened your package, there wasn't much else to unwrap. I also hope these arrived in one piece. If not, at least the recipients can see what they were supposed to look like!

I can't take credit for this DIY craft. It's all over Pinterest. But what I can take credit for is the design because I designed them myself!!

For the folks I know who are from Missouri but no longer live in Missouri, I made them these super cute mugs! (Well, I think they are super cute.)

All you need are some plain white mugs (mine came from the Dollar Tree) and a Sharpie marker. Oh, and an idea of what you want to write on your mug. Because I was making these for former Missourians, I chose to do what you see at right.

I printed out a small outline of the state of Missouri and traced it on my mugs with a Sharpie. Then I drew a heart where St. Louis would be within the Missouri state shape (because the recipients are all originally from that area) and wrote words on the mug.

Heat your oven to 350 degrees and place your mugs on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. And you're done! The reason you bake them is to keep the Sharpie from smudging or washing off in the dishwasher.

I had fun making these and hope to make more for future gifts. It was really easy to do, which is always a nice plus.

Have you guys ever made your own Sharpie mugs? I'd love to see what your designs look like!

Comments