Pillsbury Gluten-Free Cookie Dough

A few weeks ago, I found out that my local A&P carried Pillsbury's new line of ready-made refrigerated gluten-free dough. There are three varieties in the line: chocolate chip cookies, pie dough, and pizza dough. My store only carries the chocolate chip cookie dough and the pie dough, but that was good enough for me! I was just happy to see it at all!


The doughs come in plastic tubs and can probably be found in the same area where the other ready-made cookie doughs are located. The gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough was only $4.99, so I picked up a tub.

It's very easy to use. Just spoon out balls of dough onto a cookie sheet and bake. What I like is that you don't have to make the whole tub if you don't want to. Just put the lid back on and save the rest of the dough for later. Although, why make cookies if you're not going to make them all, right?


The cookies didn't really expand as much as regular cookie dough does when baked, so if you make small balls (like I did) the cookies will be small, too. Just something to keep in mind. If you want big cookies, you'll probably end up using all the dough in the tub by default. (One tub is supposed to make 16 cookies.)



I also like that this gluten-free cookie dough tastes really yummy when you eat it straight from the tub. That's not something that can be said from other gluten-free cookie dough mixes. I'm sure the people at Pillsbury don't want me talking about eating the cookie dough before baking it because of the whole raw eggs thing, but I love eating raw cookie dough, and I've never gotten sick from it. So there!

The cookies taste really good, too. I was a little concerned about my first batch because they looked a little brown, but they were very soft! They tasted just like a regular gluten-filled chocolate chip cookie! I was very impressed.

Have you guys tried any of Pillsbury's gluten-free doughs yet? I've found coupons for it on Coupons.com, so check that site before you buy to save some money.


Comments