Hot Chocolate Bar Party

Last week I threw a Hot Chocolate Bar Party! I've always wanted to do a hot chocolate bar ever since seeing the idea in a magazine a few years ago. Fall/winter is the perfect time to host a hot chocolate bar and it's super simple to do. Here are some ideas:

Some people own a tea kettle or a large insulated thermos to dispense hot water. My plan was just to warm up water in my Pyrex measuring cup and pour one cup of water for each guest. The tea ketlle/thermos idea is really cool, but those things can get expensive, and if you don't plan on using it for anything else, well, it seems silly to spend the money.

You also don't need any fancy hot chocolate. I purchased four boxes of hot chocolate packets - three Nestle and one Swiss Miss - in different flavors.

Some people like mini marshmallows in their hot chocolate. I certainly do! But there are also other fixings to put in hot chocolate. I offered crushed toffee bits, peppermint candies (preferably crushed, if you can find them), and cinnamon sticks.

There's just nothing like a warm mug of cocoa to keep you cozy on a cold night!

Comments

  1. Great idea! I will ask my friends to do a chocolate party, next weekend. Hope they all will like this tasty idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment