New Cookbooks This Fall

image credit
When I was at Book Expo America back in May, I discovered that some new cookbooks were coming out this fall, just in time for the holiday season! Here are a few that caught my eye. You might find that you want to get or give some of these this holiday.

1. For those of you who, like me, like to use your slow cooker, Phyllis Good's Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook from Good Books has 250 new slow cooker recipes. And it's not all stew and soups. There are recipes for cooking desserts and breakfasts, appetizers and breads. Pretty cool, right? I sampled some slow cooker brownies at Book Expo America and they were really good!! You can even find more recipes from the Fix-It and Forget-It blog.

image credit
2. For those of you who are on a gluten-free diet or who need other allergy-free recipes, check out Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats, published by Harlequin. (Yes, who knew that Harlequin published cookbooks??!!) This cookbook was written by Debbie Adler who owns the popular Sweet Debbie's Bakery in L.A. Her son was diagnosed with severe food allergies, and so she began making her own allergen-free treats in her home kitchen, which then became her bakery. I love sweet treats, and I am looking forward to making some of these yummy goodies around the holidays for my gluten-free husband. This cookbook will be published on October 29, 2013.

image credit
3. For more allergy-free eating, Julie and Charles Mayfield have a new cookbook out right now: Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods. I got the chance to look at an advance review copy, and I liked that a lot of the recipes were 30 minutes or less to make and cook. The cookbook includes 100 gluten-free recipes that also meet the Paleo lifestyle. This cookbook is also published by Harlequin.

4. And there was supposed to be a new Paula Deen cookbook, but due to Paula's n-word issues, the publisher dropped the cookbook. I read that another publisher had taken it on, but I can't seem to find any more information about purchasing the cookbook. Not sure what's going on with that, but I was kind of excited about it because the recipes were all lighter versions of some of Paula's favorites. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything about it.


Comments