Popeye Turkey Burgers

In an attempt to cut back on the red meat we consume, I decided to make burgers for dinner the other night out of ground turkey. Thankfully, the ground turkey was on sale that week at the grocery store, so this meal didn't cost us a whole lot to make.

I used a recipe from our Faster! I'm Starving cookbook to make Popeye Turkey Burgers. Why are they called Popeye Turkey Burgers? Because they have spinach in them!

This is super easy to make, and you can cook your burgers on a gas grill or underneath your stove's broiler, which is what I did. A foil-lined baking pan underneath your broiler rack works wonders for easy clean-up.

Because of copyright, I can't give you the full recipe, but I can give you an abbreviated version of how I made these burgers. You cook a package of frozen spinach, drain the spinach, and let it cool. Then combine the spinach with a pound of ground turkey, crumbled feta, salt, black pepper, and the pinchiest of pinches of cayenne pepper.

Form the meat mixture into patties and cook for about five minutes per side! You're supposed to make four large patties, but I made six smaller patties. I thought going smaller would lessen the cooking time, but I did cook the burgers for another five minutes just to be on the safe side.

I served the burgers on Schar gluten-free buns, and we had Ore-Ida steak fries as a side. Super yummy and super easy! My husband totally loved these burgers!

Comments