It's been awhile since I checked in on my New Year's Resolutions/Projects for this year. Let's see how I'm doing:
1. buy door mat for sliding glass door in the living room
2. paint the guest bedroom and buy a bed and mattress
5. apply to be on an HGTV show
8. attempt to make my own roman shades for dining room windows
10. buy more white picture frames for the bedroom
13. move the side table from the basement to the reading room
Number 2 might not actually happen. I didn't anticipate that all the wallpaper in the scrap room would be removed this year, so that room takes priority in terms of getting painted and fixed up. Sorry in advance to our guests.
I'm working on Number 5, but I have to make a video for it. Also, none of the shows seem to be casting near where we live. But we're going to try anyway.
Number 8 seems daunting, and I kind of forgot that I put it on the list. I still have three more months to find the time to tackle it, though.
If someone can tell me a good place to find WHITE picture frames, please Please PLEASE let me know! Number 10 should have been super easy, but it is not!!!
Number 13 is a bit of a problem because I just looked at the side table the other day, and the top of it is kind of run-down. Any advice for refurnishing this piece of wood furniture? Can I just stain it or do I need to sand it down first? I'm totally clueless, but I don't want to just throw this side table away because other than the look, it's completely functional.