Pasta with Sausage and Mozzarella

So, it's been awhile since we ate anything NEW. But that all changed this week with this recipe for Pasta with Sausage and Mozzarella. Of course, I had to change things up a bit to make it gluten-free and to work with the ingredients we had on hand.

1. I used Premio chicken sausage and cooked it in a pot according to the cooking instructions on the package. Then I cut the sausage into slices when it finished cooking.

2. Gluten-free fettuccine isn't always the easiest to find, so I just used gluten-free spaghetti.

3. I couldn't find broccolini at my local grocery store, so instead I used broccoli rabe, which isn't the same thing EXACTLY but I figured it was close enough. (I also did not need to use a FULL bunch of it. I used probably 1/3.)

4. I left out the fresh rosemary leaves. It seemed silly to buy rosemary and only use a little portion of it. The rest would just have gone to waste.

5. And instead of using fresh mozzarella balls, I just bought a chunk of fresh mozzarella and cut it into slices. SO GOOD.

We ended up with leftovers, but I haven't eaten them yet, so I can't say if it's good the next day or not. I'm sure it is! Melty mozzarella! You can't go wrong!





Comments