So, it's been awhile since we ate anything NEW. But that all changed this week with this recipe for Pasta with Sausage and Mozzarella. Of course, I had to change things up a bit to make it gluten-free and to work with the ingredients we had on hand.
1. I used Premio chicken sausage and cooked it in a pot according to the cooking instructions on the package. Then I cut the sausage into slices when it finished cooking.
2. Gluten-free fettuccine isn't always the easiest to find, so I just used gluten-free spaghetti.
3. I couldn't find broccolini at my local grocery store, so instead I used broccoli rabe, which isn't the same thing EXACTLY but I figured it was close enough. (I also did not need to use a FULL bunch of it. I used probably 1/3.)
4. I left out the fresh rosemary leaves. It seemed silly to buy rosemary and only use a little portion of it. The rest would just have gone to waste.
5. And instead of using fresh mozzarella balls, I just bought a chunk of fresh mozzarella and cut it into slices. SO GOOD.
We ended up with leftovers, but I haven't eaten them yet, so I can't say if it's good the next day or not. I'm sure it is! Melty mozzarella! You can't go wrong!