Easy Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken

This recipe is called Easy Garlic Chicken, but really it should be Easy Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken because it involves both garlic AND brown sugar for a sweet and slightly spicy flavor. I chose to make this meal because fresh green beans were on sale at the grocery store, and I needed a main course that would go well with green beans. We had frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. Chicken and green beans? Right on.

It really didn't take long to make, which was great. And if you read the comments about this recipe at the above link, you might find some other ways to spruce up this recipe a little.

I basically followed the recipe as closely as possible. I don't like to deviate too much my first time out with something new. The extra herbs that I added to the chicken were oregano, basil, and parsley.

But what about the green beans? That was a nice side dish that I had pinned to my On the Side Pinterest board. It's called Parmesan Roasted Green Beans from Budget Savvy Diva. Super easy to make. Super yummy to eat. Aside from the fresh green beans, you probably already have all the ingredients to make this in your pantry/fridge. I know I did, which was one of the reasons I decided to make this!

Make the chicken and green beans together or eat the chicken with your favorite side dish and save the green beans for something else. Speaking of, what is your favorite side dish to have with chicken? Rice? Mashed potatoes? Let me know in the comments!

Comments