Van's Gluten-Free Frozen Waffles

Van's frozen waffles were on sale the other week at the grocery store, so I decided to pick some up for myself to eat in the morning for breakfast. But as I was looking at the different waffle options, I noticed that Van's has a gluten-free frozen waffle. And I thought, "We should really try that."

So I bought a box of regular waffles for me and a box of gluten-free waffles for my husband.

And that night we had breakfast for dinner! Eggs, bacon, and gluten-free frozen waffles!

You pop them in the toaster just like you would any waffle. Although, in our house, I cooked my husband's waffles in his section of our four-slot toaster and cooked my waffles in my section.

For being gluten-free, they weren't bad. I could definitely tell the difference between these waffles and waffles that contain gluten. The gluten-free ones were a little more chewy. I asked my husband what he thought of them because he's the one that has to eat them, and he said they were good.

I don't know that I would buy these all the time. They are easy to make, which is great for busy weeknights. But if we're going to have breakfast for dinner, I'd almost prefer to take a little more time and make Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancakes.

Have any of you ever tried Van's gluten-free waffles? What did you think? Know of any other good gluten-free waffle brands?

Comments