I'm Keen on Quinoa

This is a no-recipe recipe. I literally saw a picture of this on a friend's Facebook, and made this my own by throwing in completely different stuff based on whatever I had on hand.

The original recipe called for quinoa with cherries, pistachios, sunflower seeds, goat cheese, and white balsamic.

Aside from the goat cheese, which I bought specifically for this, I had none of the other stuff.

So I used a very large handful of dried cranberries, a handful of slivered almonds, two spoonfuls of sweet balsamic, and a few slices of goat cheese.

Oh. Yeah.

I think I would add more almonds next time because I really liked the crunch they gave to this.

This is pretty naturally gluten-free. But like I always say, check the packages of EVERYTHING just to make sure that there isn't any weird ingredient that is not okay or that the product isn't manufactured on the same equipment as wheat. Quinoa is usually gluten-free, but I've read that you can't always assume that it is. You have to read the package.

I made this just for myself, so I can't say if my husband was a fan. I don't think he really likes quinoa, so I doubt I'll try making this for him sometime. I think this is strictly a "Laurie" meal.

Comments