Host a S'mores Party

s'mores pie
I was totally jonesing for some s'mores recently. I actually made a s'mores board on Pinterest. Do you know how many recipes there are that utilize graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows in different ways? TONS. And I want to eat them all.

Traditional s'mores a good, but I live in a place where I can't have an open flame for fear that I might burn down our townhouse and then all the townhouses down our row. Roasting marshmallows over an open fire is verboten. Luckily there are plenty of s'mores alternatives.

If you, like me, are in on the s'mores love this summer, then perhaps you'll want to host a s'mores party. If so, feel free to use my Pinterest board as inspiration, and take a look at a few things that I made right here!

First up, the s'mores pie. This was pretty easy to make, and, although I did not make it gluten-free, it is easy to make it gluten-free. Just purchase gluten-free graham crackers. Everything else in this recipe is a-okay.

I highly recommend following the instructions for broiling the marshmallows. The woman who made this recipe first actually started a fire in her oven! So KEEP AN EYE ON THE MARSHMALLOWS. I closed my oven door and turned on the oven light so I could make sure the marshmallows didn't get too crazy. After about three minutes, the tops started to brown, and I immediately removed them from the oven. If you don't think you'll be able to do this or if this scares you, make sure you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. It's the law to have one in NJ, so I was already prepared. :)

Even after chilling the pie in the fridge for a few hours, the marshmallow topping is still ooey gooey. The chocolate filling (which is made from vanilla, eggs, semi-sweet chocolate chips, heavy cream, and milk) is soooooooo rich. And the graham cracker crust is nice and crisp.

And wouldn't you like to leave your party guests with a parting gift? I found these cute little buckets in the Target $1 section. The white part of each bucket is Dry-Erase, so you can write on it, wipe it off, and write on it again. How cool is that? And they were only $1 a piece!! I purchased some cellophane wrap and filled that with homemade s'mores trail mix. Then tied it all up with a pretty ribbon from my scrap stash. A nice s'mores-filled snack for your guests to enjoy even after the party is over.

What's your favorite way to eat s'mores? Do you like your marshmallows burnt or crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside?







Comments

  1. I'd probably be the one setting my kitchen on fire. LOL These recipes sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment