Conversations with the Universe - Book Review

image credit
My opinion of this book changed a lot as I read it. At one moment, I liked the book. At other times, I didn't really understand it. And then I'd read another page and I'd like the book again.

The whole premise of Conversations with the Universe by Simran Singh is that the universe is talking to us - everything in the universe: animals, numbers, our houses, our cars. And if we just tune into these messages, we can lead healthier and happier lives.

The book is divided into four parts. And much of part two was a little hard for me to follow. Perhaps I need more of a beginner book on this topic.

But there were parts that I did like, specifically the prompts at the end of each part that challenge you to ask yourself questions and dig deeper into what's going on in your life, your body, and your universe. As the author writes, "Self-inquiry solicits thoughts of change."

This book is basically trying to wake readers up to the messages from the universe that are all around us. It may take you some time to realize that a message is really a message. And I do find it kind of hard to believe that my car troubles actually stem from either a feminine or masculine issue in my life instead of stemming from the fact that my car is 14 years old, and, at that point, things are going to malfunction.

I did like the chapter about messages from our home and what they mean. For instance, a flood or leak means that "abundance is on the way. The space has been cleansed. Transformation is in process." So, I guess good things are in store for us! Either that or yes, transformation is in process. We've just called the contractor to come redo our leaky shower stall.

Conversations with the Universe is published by Select Books. It is available to purchase now. I received an autographed copy of the book at Book Expo America with no obligation to review the book. I just felt like reviewing it.

Comments