Spinach Bacon Quesadilla

Here's the verdict on this one: I apparently need to add more bacon. I definitely got enough cheese! I also need to make sure I have the right number of tortillas. That's always helpful.

But this was a very easy recipe to make. The original, which you can view at A Few Shortcuts, is super easy. Because I am very lazy, I made it CRAZY easy. So here it is, my adapted recipe for Spinach Bacon Quesadillas:

Ingredients:
4 corn tortillas
2 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup spinach (I used frozen spinach.)
real bacon bits (whatever brand you want)

Directions:
1. Mix together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a small bowl. Microwave on low in 10-second increments until the cheese mixture is smooth.

2. Follow the instructions on the package of the frozen spinach to heat, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.

3. Take a tortilla and spread half of it with the cream cheese spread. Layer spinach and a handful (or more) of bacon bits over the cheese spread. Sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top.

4. Fold the tortilla in half and place in a hot frying pan or on a hot griddle. (I used our George Foreman grill.) Cook each side about 10-15 seconds or until it starts to get crispy and slightly blackened. (Ours were too full of cheese to really get crispy. I'll amend that next time.)

The picture I took is a little close on the corn and not the tortilla. Sorry about that. But you still get the idea!

Comments