Smothered Chicken

This was a "use up stuff we have in the fridge" meal. It just so happened that we had cream cheese, spinach, and mushrooms that needed to be used, and Smothered Chicken was the perfect recipe because it involved all three of those things!

Now, I did end up leaving out the mushrooms because, after being in our fridge for a week, they just didn't look so hot. But next time, I'll purchase them fresh for this.

We did however have the creamed spinach on top of our chicken breasts, and it was really good! My husband was very into the "interesting mixture" on top.

This was also really easy to make. I got it all ready while talking on the phone to my parents. The chicken bakes in the oven. You make the spinach and the mushrooms. Then put the spinach and the mushrooms and mozzarella cheese slices on top of the chicken and bake some more. Easy peasy!

We had ours with green beans (leftovers!) and it was delicious. Would definitely make this one again.

Comments