The Sitting Room

I have so many things to post these days, I think I'm going to start trying to post every day. In the past, as you've probably noticed, I've been posting every other day. But there's just so much going on that I need to get it all out to you ASAP! So every day posts start NOW.

This is our sitting room or "library". The wood paneled walls came with the house, and I thought they lent the room an air of sophistication. So that's where our books are and that lovely yellow armchair that also came with the house. Recently, I did some rearranging in this room. I also FINALLY made a book wreath for the room. You can see it hanging in this picture.


Cross THAT off of my 2013 to-do list. Woo hoo! I used this tutorial to create my wreath, however, I had to adapt it a little bit because some of my supplies were different. My advice: be super careful when using your hot glue gun with this project. I burned my finger and got a blister. Ouch!


Don't look too close. The book I used was a Harlequin Kiss novel that I got for free at a Girls' Night Out event. I did read the book before I tore it up and made a wreath out of it. Trust me. It deserved to be used in this manner. It's not like I tore up Jane Austen or something.


I also decided to bring my keyboard that was not getting used downstairs into this room upstairs where it is more easily accessible for me to play. Pay no attention to that cardboard box on the side. It's got books in it that are going to Goodwill. 


So yay for crossing off the book wreath from my to-do list and for changing up the space in our sitting room. Now if only I had more time to sit in there and read/play the keyboard.

Comments