Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge - Review



Well, the last Garnier Fructis BzzCampaign I participated in was kind of a bust. But I still decided to give the next one a try. I got to participate in the Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge BzzCampaign and received shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment for free to review!

Here's the deal with Hydra Recharge: these products harness the natural superfruit powers of goji berry, passion fruit, and kiwi to smell yummy and replenish dry hair without weighing it down. The shampoo features thousands of beads that burst on impact for rich, creamy lather and deep hydration. When paired with the conditioner and one-minute hair treatment, you get the full effect of the Hydra Recharge system. (There is also a Moisture Whip Leave-In Conditioner, but I did not receive a sample of that so I can't comment on how well that worked.) This line is supposed to work best on dry to normal hair, and Garnier says it will keep hair weightlessly silky for up to two days.

I really am happier about my hair
than I look in this picture.
I have to say, I loved this stuff from the very beginning. I've been using the Hydra Recharge products since mid-March, and my hair looks great! I use the shampoo and conditioner, except for the two times a week when I use the shampoo and the one-minute hair treatment. The hair treatment you leave in your hair for one minute before rinsing out. So I wash my face and body while I let the hair treatment sink in. Honestly, on days when I use the hair treatment, my hair looks more AMAZING than on days when I just use the shampoo and conditioner. I know it's recommended to use the hair treatment twice a week, but I'm wondering if you could use it more than that. Like maybe every other day. Seriously. My hair is silky smooth and doesn't look dry! That usually never happens after I've fried my hair by highlighting it, blow drying it, and flat ironing it.

These products don't exactly hold up against weather, however. I should have snapped a pic of my hair all crazy the other morning after walking to work but it was so embarrassing. So, if your hair has a personality all its own, the Hydra Recharge products will work but there is a limit. If only I didn't have to leave the house on bad weather days.

All in all, I love the Hydra Recharge line! These products are available in grocery stores, drug stores, and mass retailers, and they retail for $3.99-$6.99.

Comments