Chili Cheese Dog Casserole

Hot dogs? Chili? Melted cheddar?

Yes please.

Making Chili Cheese Dog Casserole is easy and only takes 30 minutes to bake, so it's pretty decent for a weeknight dinner. You can make it from scratch using the recipe linked above. Or you can make my lazy gluten-free version:

Ingredients:
8 hot dogs, cut into circles
3 Udi's hamburger buns, torn into pieces (I couldn't find the hot dog buns and figured the hamburger buns would work just as well.)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 15-ounce cans of Hormel chili (These cans say gluten-free on them. Or you can use the ShopWell app to double-check.)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.

Spray a 9x13 pan with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray.

Lay the hot dog bun pieces across the bottom of the pan. Layer the hot dog slices on top, covering the buns.

Pour the chili over the top of the hot dog slices and cover with with shredded cheddar cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.

Serve with mustard on top.

YUM.

You can find more delicious recipes that I've made and enjoyed on my new Pinterest board: Recipes I've Made (and that are good!) I had to create this board as a way to organize my pins. Too many pins on my regular Recipes board, so I wanted to separate the stuff I've already made to avoid confusion. I think I spend more time organizing my Pinterest boards than I do my house.

Comments