Three Cheese Pasta Bake

Here's another Pinterest recipe that I found and, of course, changed up to make gluten-free. The original recipe is from Southern Living, so you know it's not going to be super healthy. But there are a few things you can do to change that. First, we used gluten-free pasta because we are a gluten-free family. But if we didn't have to use gluten-free pasta, I definitely would have opted for whole wheat pasta instead of regular white pasta. The whole wheat stuff is easier for your body to digest and won't make your blood sugar levels spike as quickly as the white pasta.

Second, I didn't use jarred alfredo sauce as the recipe called for. I made my own using a recipe from Rocco Dispirito. I didn't double the recipe at all. It was enough to cover the 16 ounces of pasta you make for the Three Cheese Pasta Bake. Just make sure you use gluten-free chicken broth for the alfredo sauce if you're on a gluten-free diet.

Everything else was naturally gluten-free, so there wasn't much else for me to change. And boy was this delicious. It made good leftovers, too.

I've got lots more recipes pinned on Pinterest. If you're looking for low-sugar, low-carb meals, click here. For general recipes, click here. I also have specific boards for lunch food, breakfast, and dessert. So many recipes, so little time to cook them all!

Comments