Meal Plan Monday - March 18

I have not been doing so hot with our weekly meal planning. Oh, I've been planning meals, but I've also been forgetting that on certain nights one or both of us won't be home for dinner, so instead, I plan a meal for that night and then end up buying more food than necessary at the grocery store. So this week, I vow to do better! I need to remember what's going on in the evenings and only plan meals on the nights we'll be home. It seems so easy, but for some reason, I just haven't gotten the hang of it. I guess all the delicious recipes I have pinned on Pinterest just make me want to make a different meal every night of the week!

So here's what we're doing this week:

Sunday - Martha Stewart's Lemony Pasta with Goat Cheese and Spinach (success! Will post about this later!)

Monday - (on our own)

Tuesday - (on our own)

Wednesday - Italian bean soup

Thursday - gluten-free chicken tenders (found in the frozen food section at ShopRite) & french fries

Friday - Gorton's tilapia with rice

Saturday - (on our own)

I think that finally having an organized recipe binder will also be helpful. I'm in the process of transferring all of my 4x6 recipe cards and every recipe I've torn out of a magazine or photocopied from a cookbook into one binder. I'm also making copies of recipes we like from the various cookbooks we own, and then getting rid of those cookbooks just to have everything be in one place. There are so many recipes that I forget about because I don't open a certain cookbook. But if they are all in one place, I think it'll be easier for me to see what we like (because it wouldn't be in the binder if we didn't like it) and have more variety in our meals.

What's your meal-planning, recipe-organizing strategy?

Comments