Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil - Review

I love trying new haircare products, and as a BzzAgent, I get to try all sorts of hair stuff for free! One of the latest Bzz Campaigns I joined was for Garnier Fructis' Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. This stuff can be used on your hair, body, and face! This all-in-one product is designed to deliver silky, shiny hair AND soft, supple skin. The fine-mist spray delivers nourishment to treat hair, body, and even dry areas on your face with no oily residue.

There are three lightweight oils in this spray: olive, avocado, and shea. The olive oil moisturizes, protects, and replenishes dry hair, improving its strength and elasticity. Your face and body benefit from anti-oxidants that help protect against skin damage.

Avocado oil is loaded with vitamin E, which protects against dryness while locking in color and moisture to keep hair silky soft. The oil's natural hydrating abilities promote soft skin, too.

Shea oil is known for having unique healing properties, rejuvenating damaged hair and leaving it with a healthy shine. It's also a moisturizer that can help improve elasticity in skin.

I had never heard of a multi-use product like this before, so I was excited to give it a try and see if it really could leave behind no residue. I get my hair highlighted every eight weeks, not to mention all the time I spend blow drying and flat ironing my hair, so my hair is probably pretty dry and damaged. Here's a before shot:


The first day I used the spray, the results were really not good. The bottle says to spritz SPARINGLY, which is what I thought I did. But after styling my hair as normal, THIS was the end result:



Disgusting! My hair looked so greasy, like I hadn't even showered that morning. Don't get me wrong, my hair was smooth, but after I took the above picture, I had to douse my hair with baby powder to try and soak up some of the oil.

So then I tried just spritzing a bit of the spray at the ends of my hair, trying to keep it away from my roots. It was just "eh" (see below).



My skin also gets really dry, especially during the cold winter months. So I thought I'd try this out on my skin. I sprayed a bit on my legs just to test it out because I'm never quite sure how my sensitive skin will react to things, especially products, like this one, containing salicylate. Well, some of the spray got on the floor and made the floor all greasy and slick. So gross! As for my legs, well, my daily lotion works just as well and doesn't make my bathroom floor gross OR contain an ingredient that I don't like.

I wasn't super impressed with this product. I think it is probably MUCH better for women with brown or black hair. Dirty blondes, like me, just have it rough because our ends are lighter but our roots are darker, so anything oil-based is just going to make our roots look disgusting. Or is that just my hair? Any blondes out there care to comment?

I actually passed this product onto a work colleague who has black hair so she could try it out and review it on her beauty blog.

If you want to try this out for yourself, the Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil is available at grocery and drug stores as well as mass retailers such as Target and Walmart for a suggested retail price of $5.99. Good luck! I'd love to hear what you think of the product.



Comments