Songs and Sketches

If you're looking for a few more scrapbook challenges to participate in before the end of the month, check out these two fun ones. I created one layout for both challenges.

The first challenge was a song challenge. Challenge Me Happy's Challenge #38 is to create a layout based on the song "Somebody That I Used to Know." I thought that because my husband really likes that song I should create a layout that used a picture of him. The title of this layout comes from the last part of the very first line of the song: "when we were together." I changed it to be "we are together" and shortened it to "we're together." The picture is of my (very tan) husband holding up our name place card at a friend's wedding over the summer. If you want to play along, you have until February 1 at midnight New Zealand time. The prize is a prize pack from ZVA Creative.

The second challenge is a sketch challenge at My Scraps & More. There are actually four sketches that you can play with this month, and for each sketch you use, you get an entry to win the January My Scraps & More "You Are My Happy" kit. The sketch I used for the above layout is sketch 11. So there is also sketch 10, 12, and 13 to do, and you have until January 31. Sketch 11 uses hexagon shapes along the bottom of the page. I didn't have a hexagon punch, but I did have a sexagon (6-sided) tracing shape, so I cut out those shapes from the patterned paper and used those along the bottom of my cardstock.

Know of any other fun scrapbook challenges going on this month? Tell me about them in the comments!

Comments