Healthy Lunch - Tuna Salad



I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions to lose weight this year. Did you? But I have been searching for healthier, delicious, fill-me-up lunch options to bring to work. So I was excited to come across some under 500 calorie brown bag lunch recipes from Family Circle. One that stood out, and that didn't involve a plethora of ingredients that I don't like, was for tuna salad. Probably not the kind of tuna salad you're thinking of. This one involves tuna over a bed of mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette. 
But you know me. I just can't make something without changing it up a bit. The original recipe called for dried cherries and sunflower seeds to go on top of the tuna salad. I wasn't about to spend more money on sunflower seeds and I forgot to buy some dried cranberries at the grocery store, so I just looked in my cupboard and threw some sliced almonds on top. Tasted good to me! I'm loving the sweet balsamic that I got, too!
There are two sides that go with this lunch. The first I kept the same as in the original recipe: 2 fiber crackers (such as Wasa) with one wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese spread on them. SO GOOD!
The second side was an apple. I'm kind of allergic to apples, so no. But red grapes were on sale this week, so I picked up a bunch of those and used them as my fruit side.
So if you're looking for a healthy and yummy lunch, you might want to check this out! I'm enjoying it immensely!


Comments