A Tour of Greenwich Village

It is January 2013 and I am just now getting around to scrapping pictures from summer 2012. GAH!

But thanks to a cute Echo Park kit I purchased (on sale) at Archiver's last month, I just got FOUR layouts finished! Go me!

Initially, I wanted the Echo Park stuff for my vacation pictures. But the colors and some of the patterns were just so cute and perfect for the little Greenwich Village walk-about I took back in June that I decided to use some of the kit for getting those pictures scrapped.

Here is a two-pager introducing the walk-about and some of the things I saw on the walk. I used several walking tour cards to guide myself through Greenwich Village, and the cards point out
specific points of interest and tell you a little bit about why what you're looking at is interesting. I got the walking cards at a bookstore (Borders, which is no more, sadly), and the publisher makes them for other major cities, if you're interested.





The next layout is super simple to highlight the amazingness that was the pumpkin pecan cheesecake from Magnolia Bakery. I was so surprised when I walked inside the bake shop. Magnolia Bakery is SUPER DUPER popular, so I expected to wait in a really long line. But no! It was probably between 1:30 and 2:00 on a Friday afternoon and I walked in and ordered right away! I guess timing is everything for tourist spots. I cut out the Magnolia Bakery logo from the box that my cheesecake came in and placed it on this layout.




And the last layout is of Washington Square. I decided to take my cheesecake and eat outside among the flowers. There was a local band, Moon Hooch, playing underneath the Washington Square Arch. They were pretty good, and there was a little toddler girl who was totally into the music, so I had to take a picture of her dancing to the band. On my way back to the subway, I passed 29 Washington Square West, which has a plaque on the outside to mark the fact that Eleanor Roosevelt lived there from 1945-1949. THAT was not on my walking cards, so I was really glad I found it.


Comments