Mini Meatloaves and Maple Green Beans

Hope you all had a great Christmas! Today is my birthday and we're making my traditional birthday meal: meatballs and rice.

But I wanted to share with you a recipe that I made a few weeks ago. It's from the Whole Foods coupon booklet, but of course, I changed it up and didn't use any Whole Foods products.

The meatloaf looked really dark, but tasted great!
The original recipe for Mini Turkey Meatloaf and Maple Green Beans called for ground turkey. Well, ground turkey can be expensive, and we already had ground beef in the freezer. So I just used ground beef. Also, how the heck do you grate a sweet potato??? I used a peeler to shave it and then cut up the shavings as small as I could. It worked.

This was the first time that I'd worked with fresh green beans instead of canned green beans. It was easy and the maple syrup on them tasted delicious. Of course, make sure to rinse them off before you cook them.

This was really good. My husband went back for seconds! Success!

Comments