Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes

Okay, so first I saw this:


Peanut Butter Cup Banana Pancakes sound amazing, right?

Well, we didn't have any mini peanut butter cups, but we did have peanut butter and a banana. So I improvised, which I would have had to do anyway because I needed to make these gluten-free. Here is my recipe for gluten-free peanut butter banana pancakes:

Ingredients:
1 banana
1/4 cup peanut butter
Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix
1 egg
1 tbsp. oil
3/4 cup milk

1. Mix the banana and peanut butter in bowl using hand mixer.
2. Mix in 1 and 1/2 cups of the dry pancake mix.
3. Add the egg, oil, and milk and mix.
4. Let that sit, and heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Place about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and MAKE PANCAKES!
6. Pour syrup on top (optional).

The batter is a bit thicker than normal. Once you flip the pancake the first time, you'll have to push down on the cooked side with your spatula to flatten it out and make sure that the inside cooks. Also, make sure to turn down the heat after the first 2-3 pancakes. Some of mine got a little burned because the skillet was too hot. But I fixed it, and the rest of the pancakes looked alright.

My husband really enjoyed these pancakes. They were very good and a nice little change from regular pancakes. I don't even like bananas, though I do enjoy banana flavor in baked goods, and I enjoyed these, too. The recipe made about eight regular-sized pancakes, so we each had four. Because these are so thick, four was a bit much for me. So that might be something to keep in mind when you make these. Maybe you could wake up to these Christmas morning???

Comments