Christmas Lantern

Okay, so I saw THIS on Pinterest:












And I knew I had to make it for two reasons. 1. I already own a lantern like in the picture. 2. I already have leftover red and silver Christmas ornaments from a craft project I did a few years ago. Okay, and 3. This is just too cute!

So while watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I quickly whipped up my own version of this festive craft.



I started with the above picture: an empty lantern and two half-full boxes of cheap Walmart ornaments. Then I opened the lantern and randomly placed the ornaments inside.




I didn't have a glittery snowflake like in the original picture, so instead I added a red bow to the front of the lantern. (I package-taped it to the front. I'm sure that'll hold it.) So easy!

I can't wait to add this to my holiday decor! I'm thinking this would make a nice table centerpiece, but I also like it for a mantel. Have you guys made or purchased anything recently to add to your Christmas/holiday decorations?

Comments