Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Review

Do you have REALLY dry skin during the winter? Do you feel like you've tried tons of products but nothing has worked? Well, Burt's Bees has a new line of Intense Hydration facial products to relieve the dry skin on your face. As a BzzAgent, I got to try out these products for free, and I was so excited because I've been looking for a new skincare regimen.

This was my winter skincare regimen: washing my face with Dove soap morning and night, then in the morning using Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. At night, I would put Vaseline on my face. That's right. Vaseline.

                                     

If you don't know, Vaseline is petroleum jelly (aka petrolatum), which is a byproduct of petroleum, which is a non-renewable resource. That kind of bothers me, but I hadn't found anything WITHOUT petrolatum that worked. The Burt's Bees Intense Hydration line does NOT include petrolatum. It is made from natural ingredients (99 percent natural), including a plant called Clary Sage. Clary Sage is grown in the windswept hills of the Mediterranean. In spite of its harsh surroundings, the plant is able to adapt and retain moisture. I think it's because of the Clary Sage that the products in this line have natural fragrance, not any added/artificial fragrance.

The Intense Hydration line is dermatologist-tested and noncomedogenic. Burt's Bees also says that the line helps reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.

My Burt's Bees Bzzkit contained the Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, Treatment Mask, and Night Cream. I also had smaller sample sizes of the night cream and day cream. But I decided that I would save those small samples to give away. So I kept my regular morning moisturizer and added the Burt's Bees stuff to my nighttime routine. (In the morning, I still washed my face with Dove soap.)


It's really hard to get close-up pictures of my skin, but I tried. Here is what my skin looked like after waiting outside for the bus and then walking outside to my office in the morning. 



Still a little flaky. So I decided to break open the samples of the day cream (No sample giveaways of that for you anymore! Sorry!) and replace that with the Aveeno.


And I have to say, the flakes were gone!




So here is my take on the individual products.

Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser: very creamy and thick. Gets a nice lather. Has a scent that reminds me of carrots. ($9.99)

Intense Hydration Treatment Mask: This is supposed to be used twice a week. It's MUCH different than other facial masks I've tried. It's very creamy. You put it on your face, wait 10 minutes, then use a soft tissue to wipe off any excess. ($17.99)

Intense Hydration Night Cream: A little of this goes a long way. It doesn't make my skin feel tight like other moisturizers I've used. And it also smells a little like carrots. ($17.99)

Intense Hydration Day Cream: This is really misleading. It's very thick, and I thought it would be too thick to work underneath my liquid foundation. But it isn't! I always put my moisturizer on after showering, and then probably 20 minutes later I do my makeup. I had no trouble putting on my foundation with the Day Cream underneath. ($17.99)

There is also an Intense Hydration Eye Cream ($17.99), but I did not receive a sample of that to try.

The Burt's Bees Intense Hydration line is available in mass retailers (Target, Walmart), drug stores, grocery stores, and natural health food stores nationwide.

Comments