A Real Fall Meal

We don't do a lot of shopping at Whole Foods, but sometimes I will stop in during my lunch break (where I might catch a celebrity such as actress Rhea Pearlman shopping for meat) and pick up Udi's gluten-free bread or gluten-free pasta for my husband. Whenever I'm there, I always pick up the Whole Foods coupon booklet. It usually has coupons for gluten-free products as well as a variety of recipes to try, some of which are gluten-free or can be made gluten-free.

Like this yummy Sausage and Quinoa One-Pot Supper. Quinoa is a gluten-free, but I did do some reading on it before purchasing, and, like all products, make sure the box of quinoa says "gluten-free" on it. Apparently, some manufacturers process and package their quinoa in the same facility or on the same equipment as wheat products, which raises the risk of cross-contamination. If the box says "gluten-free", then you should be fine. I purchased Ancient Harvest brand.

I did not purchase any Whole Foods products, like the recipe called for. Instead, I did all my shopping for this recipe at A&P, so you don't have to go to a specialty store to buy the ingredients. This is easy to make gluten-free and it's easy to shop for at your local grocery store.

My husband said there was too much quinoa, so next time I will try 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup. If you're not sure if you like quinoa or not, I'd recommend starting with 1/2 cup, too. Do you guys like quinoa?

Comments