Spinach Lasagna Rolls - Freezer Meal



Spinach Lasagna Rolls were my second freezer meal recipe, and they turned out well! We did have to heat them a little more in the microwave after they baked. The center lasagna rolls must not have thawed all the way and weren't as melty or heated through as the rolls on the outside of the pan. But no big deal! It still tasted good. My husband asked me if we had anymore because he wanted seconds.

I found the recipe at Skinny Taste. But I don't think that recipe tells you about how to freeze it. I got the freezing directions from another website. Here are the freezing directions:

Follow the assembly instructions but do not preheat the oven. Once covered with foil, instead of baking, place it in the freezer.

Easy right? And then to cook, here's what you do:

Thaw in fridge for 36-48 hours before serving. Bake 40 minutes (covered) at 350 degrees or until cheese melts.

The only thing I had to do to make this gluten-free was to use gluten-free lasagna noodles. I thought they were a little difficult to cook, and I don't remember having as much trouble cooking regular lasagna noodles. I actually prefer the no-boil lasagna noodles, but you wouldn't be able to do the rolls with those.

This recipe would be great for a Meatless Monday, if your family does that, because there's no meat! Just spinach and a ricotta/parm cheese mixture. Very good!

Comments