Spicy Egg Salad

I don't think I've ever shared this recipe with you guys, and I've had it for a really long time! I got it from BUST magazine back when I subscribed. It's super easy to make and pretty tasty, especially on toasted bread.

I can't find the recipe online, so here it is:

1. Put 8 eggs into a pot, fill with enough water to cover, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook another few minutes.
2. Turn the heat off, cover the pot, and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Run cold water over the eggs until they've cooled, then peel them.
4. Chop them up well and mix with three heaping plops of mayo, a pinch of chili powder, a pinch of mustard powder, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Slather between two slices of bread. (gluten-free bread if you need it)

I don't use mustard powder, so I add a little bit more chili powder, like 1/2 a teaspoon. It's not too spicy, I promise. In fact, I might try adding a little more the next time I make it because I can still barely taste the chili powder.

Anyway, this is a delicious egg salad sandwich, and I like making it to use up eggs before they go bad.

Comments