Halloween Party Treats

A few weekends ago, we hosted a Battle of the Sexes board game party thanks to House Party. The game was fun! I had never played it before, and this version had new questions. It took us about an hour and a half to play and the girls won!!!

Because the party was being thrown in October, I decided it would be fun to make Halloween-themed snacks and treats for us to eat while we played games. So I looked through my Halloween board on Pinterest and picked out a few options that were either easy to make gluten-free or just easy to make.

Skeleton Bones - Gluten-Free
Snyder's Gluten-Free Pretzel Sticks (They sell them at A&P and I'm sure other grocery stores.)
melted white chocolate chips
mini marshmallows


You basically attach one marshmallow to each pretzel stick end and dip it in the white chocolate. Kind of messy but they turned out okay.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies - NOT Gluten-Free
You can find my recipe for this here.



I used the leftover white chocolate chips to make my favorite fall cookies. Normally I use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, but I saw a recipe for the cookies using white chocolate on Pinterest and figured, why spend more money buying chocolate chips when I can just use the white chocolate chips?

I didn't make these cookies gluten-free because my husband doesn't like pumpkin.


Dracula's Dentures - NOT Gluten-Free
chocolate chip cookies, cut in half (I made mine with refrigerated dough.)
white frosting
red food coloring
slivered almonds


Dye the white frosting with red food color, then spread some on each half of the cookie. Place marshmallows on one cookie half and top with the other cookie half. Place two slivered almonds on the front as the fangs.

I didn't make these gluten-free because I couldn't find gluten-free food coloring. All anyone had was Betty Crocker gel food coloring and it is NOT gluten-free. It contains modified food starch, which is pretty much 99 percent guaranteed to be unsafe for those with gluten intolerance or Celiac. Whatever happened to the liquid food coloring?? Does no one make it?

Anyway, I put these in little goodie bags for our party guests. I found some cute Halloween bags with twist ties in the Target $1 Spot. House Party sent us Battle of the Sexes magnets to give to our guests, so I punched a hole in the magnets and strung them through the twist ties, then tied the twist ties around the bags containing Dracula's Dentures.

We also had chips with salsa and queso, mozzarella sticks, and mini quesadillas. I think it was a pretty successful food night!

If you want to find more Halloween-themed recipes as well as Halloween crafts and costumes, check out my Halloween board on Pinterest. I've also got a Fall Recipes board with lots of food ideas that involve pumpkin. Yum!

Comments