Goulash - Freezer Meal

Got another freezer meal for you: Goulash. I had never had Goulash before, and I didn't really know what it was. It sounds Russian, but it doesn't seem Russian. It's basically baked pasta with corn and cheese on top. So more Italian than Russian, I guess. But hey - pasta, meat, and cheese? You can't go wrong there. I found this recipe from Joyful Momma's Kitchen. It's very easy to put together.

To make it gluten-free, of course use gluten-free pasta. I didn't have gluten-free elbow macaroni, so I just used gluten-free fusili. I used Amy's gluten-free cream of tomato soup. You always have to be careful with soups and make sure to find one that says on the can (or box) that it is gluten-free. Campbell's is never safe. The only other thing to check is the tomato paste. I used Hunt's. All of the other ingredients are normally gluten-free, so you won't have to do any label reading.

You will need an 8x8 baking dish for this recipe if you don't already own one. I found a nice Pyrex one with a lid at Target. You'll be freezing the Goulash in the baking dish. An 8x8 aluminum baking dish would work fine, too, but I bought an 8x8 glass dish so that I could reuse it.

It turned out great! We thawed it, baked it, and it was really good. It also works well as leftovers heated up in the microwave.

Hope these freezer meals are helping make your weeknights easier! I know they are definitely helping ours!

Comments